hearing the audio from a remote system

Brent Harding bharding at ufw2.com
Sun Oct 8 00:55:09 EDT 2000

Only way I know of, probably illegal, telnet to the box with a lot of
bandwidth, play it as you would on your own machine, and hook a powerfull
fm transmitter to the remote end's output jack. Going 30 miles this way
will surely get one caught, but there must be a better way.
At 12:05 AM 10/8/00 -0400, you wrote:
>I once restled with a similar problem.
>What I wanted to do was listen to a stream that was in 128 bit form and
wanted to convert it live down to 24 bit so that I could hear it over my
modem.
>I would of just used a 24 bit station, but the station I was listening to
was encoded in 128 bit which there wasn't a lower rate bit for, but I never
figured that one out so I was stuck.