new system shaping up

Buddy Brannan davros at ycardz.com
Tue Oct 3 17:35:38 EDT 2000

Couple of thing kinda things:

1. I have a Smart And Friendly 4X4X24X CD-RW (SCSI), which works well with
cdrdao and with cdrecord and the generic SCSI CD-R drivers.

2. Don't get a Sis (Sys? No, I'm fairly sure it's SiS) chipset video card.
I got one (an AGP one), because I didn't need any great shakes for video,
and when I tried to install any linux or run stuff, the system seemed to
lock up randomly. ... Gene and Kirk may remember my Debian trials in May.
... Anyway, go for a Matrox card--I've seen 8MB video cards for fairly
inexpensive prices on the net. or ati. Or s3. ... But stay far away from
SiS.