speakup on a sparc

Klarich, Terry terry.klarich at wilcom.com
Tue Oct 3 15:52:31 EDT 2000

I have approached SUN about this on a few occassions with no success.  Their
stance is just to use the serial console.  (which I do for work)

These days, one can obtain solaris for the media costs.  The source can be
made available to those who have special development needs.  Not sure on the
exact details; but, can find out of anyone is interested.

Personally, I would think speakup with linux on a sparc would be time better
spent.  Linux far exceeds solaris 2.8 on my Ultra 5.

Terry