Securing your LINUX Box:

Stephen Dawes sdawes at gov.calgary.ab.ca
Tue Nov 28 10:22:37 EST 2000

Hi all,

With the resent talk on the reflector about firewalls, and the possible
intrusion of one of our friends, I am letting you know of a Web Site that
has been recently been drawn to my attention.

http://www.enteract.com/~lspitz/

http://www.enteract.com/~lspitz/linux.html

The first URL is the home page of Lance Spitz, and as its name suggests, the
second URL deals with protecting your LINUX box.

Lance has done a lot of work in putting his site to gather, and I have liked
what I saw there.  There are a number of papers on the security issues of
LINUX.  What I liked about the site as well, is that Lance is not hiding how
he reached his conclusions.

Enjoy, I know that I am going to be doing a lot of reading at this site.

Stephen Dawes B.A. B.Sc.
Web Business Office, The City of Calgary
PHONE:  (403) 268-5527. FAX: (403) 268-6423
E-MAIL ADDRESS:  sdawes at gov.calgary.ab.ca