Self Introduction

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Wed Nov 22 22:55:45 EST 2000

Hi, I just got through installing Slackware on another Linux box and this
time, I used the boot disk with Speakup and so far, it is working great!

I hope things pick up around this list, I haven't seen any posts since I
signed up this past weekend.  I use this on an old 486 with 32 meg of RAM
and a Speakout synth.  As I get more familiar with Speakup, I would like
to be of some help in fixing this up to the next level.

I would especially like to get the arrow keys to speak the character under
them while moving around in editor programs.  Cut/paste  between virtual
consules is another neet idea that sighted people would envy us for:)

Well enough said for now - sure love having all this speech on a linux
machine without having to connect a second computer.

Happy Thanksgiving to youall in the U.S.