using linux to change channels on satellite

Brent Harding bharding at ufw2.com
Thu Nov 16 21:00:08 EST 2000

The one I have has many possible satellites with 24 channels in each one,
like g1 or g2, and the like, and the dish has to move to be in the
direction of it. Then on the channel you have a frequency besides, that you
can set, once the channel is on. I've found that a radio show I wanted to
hear was on the same channel as a different TV channel, just at a different
frequency, where if I could type that in on the computer, I could find
specified channels as which frequency the TV channels take it to when you
switch are likely downloaded in to the unit. I have a ham radio that has a
talking frequency indication when I press a speech button. It was an
optional extra component I decided to get, as mine either scans or you turn
a dial, but counting one unit at a time which is 5 kilohertz toget a
megahertz or 2 ahead without speech isn't too easy. Having a keypad to key
the specific frequency in I want could work.