using linux to change channels on satellite

Brent Harding bharding at ufw2.com
Wed Nov 15 22:29:26 EST 2000

Wow, how does this work? I'm quite sure it's possible, as people who use a
lot of different programs don't likely have a dish for everyone, and they
want it automatic. I think one person awhile back told me that the company
who offers the show sends a receiver on a rental agreement, which means I'd
have 10 receivers if I wanted 10 different shows, plus a dish attached to
each one that's on a different satellite. I'm sure not too many do that,
maybe one for news and one for the current other show.