installed rh 6.2 from talking bootdisk, but it's kernel refuses to work properly when copied in from the bootdisk

Brent Harding bharding at ufw2.com
Sun Nov 5 22:59:14 EST 2000

I've tried using the same kernel off the bootdisk, and it won't work. You
mean, rh compiles up a kernel while it installs itself? I thought I'd be
all right just copying the bootdisk kernel to /boot/vmlinuz-2.2.14-5.0, or
even booting with the kernel with loadlin, neither one allows ppp to work.
At 10:30 PM 11/5/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Bad cds aren't your problem there.
>Here's the reason for this.
>
>When you install off the boot disk there's a specific set of modules that
are used and when your machine reboots in to the default red hat kernel
there's no speech because the kernel that gets dropped on to the system
isn't one with speech.