installed rh 6.2 from talking bootdisk, but it's kernel refuses to work properly when copied in from the bootdisk

Brent Harding bharding at ufw2.com
Sun Nov 5 13:37:42 EST 2000

			I was installing rh 6.2 yesterday from a CD I got from cheapbytes.com. I
got the thing installed all the way, and it rebooted. When linux loaded it
didn't come talking. The keymap fails to load. When I got in and replaced
the kernel with that found on the boot disk, and rebooted, I got speech but
tons of errors, and ppp gave error can't open ppp0, error 4. Loading the
module gives unresolved symbols. I still have zipspeak around here yet, how
should I fix this so things come up like they should? How do I change the
default operating system to boot, as lilo put linux first, is there a cut
and paste console utility to do this?