cdrom not found by Linux

Jacob Schmude jacobs at ncinter.net
Sat May 27 20:37:42 EDT 2000

	OK, we'll need to go find all the info we can about the drive. Is
it IDE or scsi? What IDE or scsi controller is it on?
	These may seem dumb questions, but sometimes knowing all the info
ahead will help. We may be able to narrow down the possibilities for root
devices if we know the specs of the drive. You may need to open the
computer to find out what IDE/SCSI controller it is on and, in the case of
IDE, if it is master or slave.
	Also, what is the kernel message exactly?