thanks and success

Jacob Schmude jacobs at ncinter.net
Thu May 25 17:22:10 EDT 2000

	You have the sound drivers, they're not loaded, though. The
included sound drivers are the OSS/Free drivers, and fairly
primative. They'll work fine for basic sound playing, though. What sound
card do you have? If you've got an SB live, you'll need to install the
ALSA sound drivers. Even if your card is supported by the included
drivers, the ALSA ones are better anyway.
	If your sound card is plug and play, there's another problem. If
you're not technically inclined, it'll be rather hard to set up plug and
play. This would be another reason to get ALSA sound drivers, as they have
plug and play built in. Most ISA sound cards are plug and play. If the
card is PCI and is plug and play, I don't know how it works for setting
that up. Plug and play just means auto-setting up of IRQs and such
parameters, so you don't have to change dip switches or jumper blocks on
the card.