thanks and success

Geoff Shang gshang10 at scu.edu.au
Tue May 23 22:35:17 EDT 2000

Hi:

Actually, you can get it to play pls files from the website, though I
haven't tested it thoroughly.  You need to have the pls extention in
mime.types as follows:

audio/scpls pls

Then as long as you have a corrisponding entry in mailcap, it should
work.  Here's my mailcap entry:

audio/scpls; freeamp %s

You'll probably want to do the same with audio/x-scpls.  Wh;y there are 2
types is beyond me.

Probably the best way to deal with this is to get the mailcapstuff.tar.gz
file from ftp.braille.uwo.ca.  I think it's in /pub/linux/goodies but I'm
sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.  Just unpack it into your home
directory.  This will place two files there, .mime.types and .mailcap which
will compliment the equivalents in /etc.

Geoff.