talking Suse installation

Count Zero kf6ddt at concentric.net
Wed Mar 29 18:13:51 EST 2000

Hi all, I've only recently started working with speakup, and at kirk's
suggestion joined this list.  I am using speakup with the zipspeak
distribution of linux, and am very impressed with it so far.  However, I am
interested in getting linux working with Suse linux, which is the
distribution I mainly work with.  What I am mainly interested in doing is
creating a boot floppy with speakup installed so that I can do installation
independently.  Kirk mentioned to me that some of you were interested in
getting a talking Suse distribution going as well, if so, I'd appreciate it
if you'll drop me a note.  I'm not exactly new to linux, I've been fooling
with it for a while now, but I'm not quite up to recompiling a kernel
without some assistance, although I'm currently reading up on this.  I have
a speakout and a litetalk available as far as synthesisers go, as well as
an older dectalk, however I believe this last is not supported at this
point.  I look forward to hearing from any of you who is interested in this
project.  Oh, by the way, I have several versions of Suse available, 6.0,
6.2, and 6.3 specifically.

Best regards,
Tom Mary Beth and the menagerie