need comments

Kirk Reiser kirk at braille.uwo.ca
Wed Mar 29 13:26:29 EST 2000

Christopher Moore <w1gm at sdf.lonestar.org> writes:

> On my machine, I have  a Braille device on /dev/ttyS0 which would confuse
> your scheme of looking for the first cts.
> Is there a way to pass the synthesizer/port info to the kernel?  If so,

I think I mentioned that in my original or a subsequent message.  Even
currently you can tell speakup where your synth is with the
speakup_ser=n option on the kernel command line.  N is any number
between 0 and three depending on how many serial ports you have
installed.

> this approach would simplify things from the user's perspective.  Now, if
> you want to changes synthesizers, you need to recompile your kernel.  If
> parms could be passed to the kernel, this would be unnecessary.

I wish it were this simple.  But! if you're volunteering to help... No problem!

  Kirk

phone: (519) 661-3061