Automatic dialing in Linux

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at mhonline.net
Mon Mar 27 07:54:47 EST 2000

Hi Vic -

I got 'diald' working okay with my Slackware 4.0 distribution. When I
signed up on their email discussion list for a while, it seemed to me that
the recent releases, which all seemed to be oriented toward redhat, were
having lots of problems. I was using an older version that worked fine
with Slackware right out of the box, so I dropped off the list. Not sure
if I can help you or not, but will be happy to try. Have you got slip and
ppp support both compiuled into your kernel? That's critical.

Chuck.