A comment on Slashdot that concerns me

Tommy Moore stp at odysseus.yi.org
Fri Mar 24 15:45:14 EST 2000

Hey there Matt. Zipspeak is a great solution to help beginners get hooked
on linux. I guess as different synths are added to the speakup package
you'll have to come out with new versions of zipspeak, but that's no
problem.
I wonder how hard it would to change the full slackware to make it work
like yours does.
Actually it wouldn't be too bad. I think all it really would need would be
a kernel replacement and the loadspk program be added to the a disk
series.I thinkI still have the cd around. I'll look in to seeing if I can
make one.

What do you guys think? Since it's only a simple modification of the
kernel that changes it, would it be worth it to have the iso stored on the
speakup site or would it be better if I hosted it on my own site  here at
school?