A comment on Slashdot that concerns me

cpt.kirk at 1tree.net cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Fri Mar 24 13:59:44 EST 2000

I think that you did the right thing. You created something that can be
used be a sizable market chuck and released. You have made it clear (to us
anyway) that you will continue to add support as it becomes available.

The attitude of the author is that unless you can support everybody, don't
support anybody. She clearly does not understand GPL and GNU and should go
back to her M$ world. Perhaps this is quite blunt. But some people make me
want to throw up for trying to help others. The same author would also
throw a fit over the idea of a speech access PDA.But then again, I think
there is a self promotion of a product here. And it comes at the expense
of others.

Message I heard was: If you can't use my product, you should be banned.

Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net