Net usage

cpt.kirk at 1tree.net cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Fri Mar 24 10:35:12 EST 2000

I would not find that 500 MB a month is any where near enough for me. Of
course if you use a browser that doesn't grab graphics it saves download
amounts. But when you have fast connections you realize that you can pull
down a good amount of software.

I have pulled down two versions of RedHat each over 500 MB in size. I have
also pulled down down both source and install cds for slackware 7.
Admittedly I have a cdburner. But I would never settle for a 500 MB a
month limit. I wouldn't be surprised if you exceed that with a dial-up. If
your use is typical when you first get fast access your usage will surge.
After a while ytou will grow accustomed and it will lower. But you will
probably find your usage is higher with fast access.

Keep in mind that it is no problem to check this or that web site. I know
I don't hesitate to check because I know that the site will come up while
I am talking or thinking about the site.

Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net