problems with speakup-0.8

Kirk Reiser kirk at braille.uwo.ca
Tue Mar 21 22:20:13 EST 2000

Hello Jeremy:  It sound like you did everything just right.  There are
two issues in your letter.  I will answer the first and hopefully we
can look at the second later.  Many distributions load a keymap at
boot time.  I suspect this is what happened on your system.  The
speakmap.map file was mostly included correctly but over written when
the default keymap was loaded at boot time.  I am not sure where
Redhat loads it's keymap from but if you can find that and rename it
out of the way you should have review functions.

I have not seen the backspace behaviour before so let's fix the first
problem and see if that happens to take of the second one.

  Kirk

phone: (519) 661-3061