Speakup boot disks

Christopher Moore w1gm at sdf.lonestar.org
Mon Mar 20 14:31:08 EST 2000

I have a dectalk-express and a Braille N Speak.  It would be helpful to
have a set of bare.i boot disks for all the currently supported synths.
The slackware boot/root disks are a great way to test speakup on a given
machine/synthesizer combination.
Patching and recompiling kernels is striaghtforward but is a bit time
consuming.  I strongly support the boot-root disk approach for testing.
If it works, more folks will be motivated to invest the time to build it
into their kernels.  If it doesn't work, then bug reports can besubmitted
and the user hasn't feel as thought he/she has wasted time.

Chris

w1gm at sdf.lonestar.org