migrating from DOS to Linux

A. R. Vener salt at aero-vision.com
Sun Mar 19 10:45:38 EST 2000

Hi All,

I just joined this list to find out if Speakup will support a Dectalk
Express external speech synthesizer connected to a serial port.

I'm currently using DTE with Vocal-Eyes from DOS.  About all I use DOS for
these days is to dial up my ISP and access a Unix ksh account. This normally
works ok, but there are some annoyances which make me think my own Linux system
would serve me better (i.e. compiling lynx with SSL)

The welcome message to this list didn't mention Dectalk Express, so
now I'm wondering.

Thanks.

Rudy Vener