anybody know about ICQ?

Joseph Norton jnorton at vol.com
Sun Mar 12 17:21:42 EST 2000

Hi Chuck:

There's a program called "MICQ" that allows some interaction with an ICQ
user.  You can get the latest version (0.4.3, I think) via ftp from
micq.chatzone.org.  Look in /pub/micq/V0.4.3 (you may need to check the
case on the dir names, but, I think that's right).  The program will let
you use an existing ICQ number (called a UIN) or you can create a
brand-new one and then customize it.  It doesn't have as many bells and
whistles as the ICQ program, but, it will alow you to send instant
messages and exchange url's in a limited fashion.

Just compile it and install it somewhere in your path.  For example, I
installed mine in /usr/local/bin (but, that's up to you.

Oh, yes, I believe there's a version of ICQ running under X, but, haven't
played with it for obvious reasons.

Hope this helps