booting problem

Joseph Norton jnorton at vol.com
Sat Mar 11 14:15:06 EST 2000

Hi Peter:

I forgot to mention to kirk that the images I uploaded (only the
bare-i.xxx files at this time) are actual diskette images.  You should
rawrite them to a file (both the bare-i.apc and the color.gz or text.gz
files).  Then, you just boot the floppy you rawrote the bare-i.apc file on
and it should ask for the propper root floppy.  Then, you'd insert the
floppy you rawrote the file test.gz or color.gz on and it should say
something like "vfs: compressed ramdisk found" and some more
statistics--can't remember the exact verbiage.  This is all assuming Kirk
put the images I've uploaded so far up there.  My next project when I get
some time and no thunderstorms around here is to try to get the scsi
images done.