zipspeak on my C drive

brent harding bharding at greenbaynet.com
Wed Jun 28 23:22:27 EDT 2000

Any file named with more than 8 letters will have goofy names when seen
from dos. As for moving the dos directory, if you use something called
lilo, for linux loader, you could set it up to boot drive d as dos and c as
linux, as long as they're on different hard drives. You're boot prompt
would let you choose from /dev/hda1 for linux and /dev/hdb1 for dos if
things worked right. There's a lilo mini howto at www.linuxdoc.org. There's
a liloconfig in slackware, but don't count on it, as I trashed my windows
system when I tried to make a boot floppy with it. I think what it did was
put the loader on the superblock, where fdisk /mbr wouldn't fix it. I
wouldn't advise setting it up until you get linux on it's own partition or
drive, as zipspeak won't allow windows and linux to dual boot from the same
partition.