Dialpad

shawn at sdjernes.tzo.com shawn at sdjernes.tzo.com
Wed Jun 28 20:38:55 EDT 2000

The trick with Java is what authoring package is used and what VM (virtual
machine) the author is using.  For example someone writing with Visual J++
for windows the default VM with be Microsoft VM but that could have been
changed if the developer had wanted to.  But if you write "generic" java
then it will run on any VM that it can find.  Oh, by the way Sun's VM will
run on Windows but most people never install it because they don't think
they need it.

Shawn