freeamp and streams

Chris Nestrud cnestru at comp.uark.edu
Wed Jun 28 14:52:39 EDT 2000

This is a bit off-topic, but...I've been trying to listen to mp3 streams
(such as shoutcast) with freeamp. Freeamp will play a few seconds, buffer,
play a few more seconds, etc. I'd like to either find a way for it to
buffer more audio, or find a different player which will do the
job. Network bandwith isn't really an issue, and I'm playing streams that
I was able to play in winamp under windows without problems.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Chris

P.S. Speakup is excellent. I've been using it, and linux almost
exclusively, for about three months now. If only linux had OCR software.