more on attaching audio/mpeg files

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Tue Jun 27 10:16:55 EDT 2000

Hi, Charles:

Thanks for the details about mailcap. Would you mind sharing yours--or at
least the relevant sections? I'm wondering about the appropriate syntax.

As I said yesterday, I have mailed myself both a .wav and a .mp3 file via
a couple of my email accounts. Mine have arrived back properly
identified--when I select view in Pine 4.21, they file type is correctly
identified.

So, I'm at a loss of what to suggest for you and why yours aren't coming
back properly tagged.

As for myself, my setup is a mixed bag of alsa and oss. Kirk helped me
identify that my Ensoniq 1370 is physically damaged at its inputs. I have
yet to replace it. It's audio outputs are working fine for me--but I
haven't made the associations in mailcap yet.