Digital modem.

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Mon Jun 26 18:22:19 EDT 2000

Tommy:

Yes, a separate line for analog access might be more cost effective. Last
time I priced an analog adapter for our Lucent digital phones it was $200
plus. Ouch.

It may be worth checking with the manufacturer of the digital phone
system, though. The value of doing it that way is that you can move the
adaptor to a different physical location when you need to.

And, if you do go for a separate circuit, check into ADSL or service from
your local cable company. These persistant connections can blow 56K out of
the water. And a persistant connection is very cool if for no other reason
than the fact that it's always there ready to serve you. No dialing, no
disconnects.