Compiling new kernels for Slackware

Jenny Dodd kc5gni at techwearz.com
Sun Jun 18 20:13:43 EDT 2000

Hey Tommy, Joseph, and the rest,

Haven't posted here in a while, if ever, but being I spent the vast
majroity of my weekend upgrading, compiling, and uh repairing my kernel, I
felt I had to say something on this thread... And what a learning
experience it was! <g>

Joseph, if I understood your question correctly, you were wondering if you
could skip the *zImage* portion, since it failed every time anway, and
move directly on to *bzImage.* From my own experience, and others please
correct me if I'm off base of course, you should be able to move on
straight to "bzImage," without having to do a "zImage" simply to watch it
fail and tell you you need to do a "bzImage" instead.

--
Jenny Dodd
Dallas, Tx.
kc5gni at techwearz.com
I'm the kid who has this habit of dreaming,
Sometimes gets me in trouble too.
But the truth is, I could no more stop dreaming,
Than make them all come true.
"The Kid" -- Buddy Mondlock