compiling freeamp

Charles Hallenbeck chuckh at mhonline.net
Fri Jun 9 12:24:48 EDT 2000

Hi Chris,

Some months ago I had to back away from a more current egcs compiler to an
older gcc compiler in order to successfully compile openssl and upgrade my
lynx. Maybe that is the first place to start, although the library upgrade
would be helpful too. I once destroyed a perfectly good system by
attempting to upgrade a library on a running system, so I must first get
up my courage and think through a strategy! Thanks for the suggestions.

Chuck.