changing sound cards

Charles Hallenbeck chuckh at mhonline.net
Mon Jun 5 10:30:44 EDT 2000

Kirk -

I am using the isapnp option of alsa rather than the isapnp utility, and I
have not yet upgraded the alsa software. It turns out, as usual, that the
problem was easier to solve than I thought! I decided to take a look at
the contents of /etc/conf.modules and found to my horror that I had not
added the aliases that belonged there at all - they were still available
on my backup /etc directory, but not in the working one. So, I put them
in, saw that the parameters looked okay, rebooted, and now I have sound
again.

I may upgrade my alsa drivers - and have saved your suggestions. Thanks,
and sorry to have hollered prematurely for help...
Chuck.

My web site is http://www.mhonline.net/~chuckh
While money doesn't buy love, it puts you in a great bargaining
position.