made it!

Shawn Djernes shawn at sdjernes.tzo.com
Sun Jun 4 21:26:07 EDT 2000

If your laptop is a relitivly new machine like my Toshiba IRQ 9 may be the
APCI (Advanced Power Control Interface) address.  I had to set an exclude
in my PCMCIA *.opts file. (Left the notebook at work, so if you need the
exact place and what the line looks like I can get it.)  Also as far as I
know the Linux PCMCIA drivers do what that dos program would have
done.  When they initialize the card service they wake up all cards and
detect what they are.  Once this is done they set up appropiate devices by
serial_cs.o or if the card is a CardBus card serial_cb.o in
/lib/modules/(kernalver)/pcmcia

Let me know if you need anymore help,
Shawn