ALSA and kernel 2.4.0test1

ed at magus.dhs.org ed at magus.dhs.org
Sat Jun 3 18:28:50 EDT 2000

> test1? It compiles fine, but there's always an unresolved symbol in
> module snd.o. If I remove kernel symbol versions, I get more unresolved

I got this with version 2.3.99-pre8 as well.  I scoured the source, and it
seems that the lookup_dentry() function has been removed from the kernel
for some reason or another.  Yay unstable.  I don't know why, but there's
no mention or use of it anywhere (and it was present in some older
versions).

I'd imagine the ALSA people get to play catch up.

--
Andy "Eddie" Berdan
http://magus.dhs.org/ed/