Trouble getting speakup-0.09 to work with RH6.2

frankiec at unforgettable.com frankiec at unforgettable.com
Sat Jun 3 03:02:24 EDT 2000

Hi Dave

Redhat 6.2 does not use a 2.3.x or 2.4.x kernel by default.  If you want
to use one that is ok.  However the speakup support for them is a little
bit broken right now.  Kirk has a bunch of us testing them out but it's
not quite there yet.

I would get a fresh 2.2.15 kernel from
ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernels/v2.2/linux-2.2.15.tar.bz2.  Then
use the speakup-0.09-v2.2-patch file in the tarball.

You had the sintax right.
patch -p0 <'directory/'filename

Good luck.  And if you have any more questions just feel free to ask.

Frank