cannot open an initial console

Jude T. DaShiell jdashiel at clark.net
Fri Jun 2 17:35:28 EDT 2000

That's the warning message followed by another kernel panic with the
suggestion I pass init=  option to kernel.  Got no problem with doing that
but would like to know what's a good value.  I'm using the litetalk driver
and speakup 0.08.  If I can get that up and running and from the way
things sound I'm closer I'll try speakup 0.09 when I can get binary
download ability back with my internet provider.  This is a very bad shell
environment actually sun overlay platform so am hoping I can just get a
ppp connection with some local provider and run my linux shell behind that
connection once everything is up and running.