[Fwd: list not showing message]

David Poehlman poehlman at clark.net
Thu Jun 1 19:01:38 EDT 2000

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: list not showing message
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 18:49:44 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Jude T. DaShiell" <jdashiel at clark.net>
To: Poehlman <poehlman at clark.net>

David,

I subscribed to the speakup list this morning and sent a message to the
list but it hasn't shown up so far as I can tell.
As a result of the help you and the list have provided I'm farther along
than I was before.
The correct root is /dev/hdd4 for my machine.
However another kernel panic has happened since no kernel was initialized.
I get the message kernel panic: try passing init=  option to kernel.
Should I use init=vmlinuz.spk for that option even though vmlinuz.spk was
already run or
would
loadlin init=vmlinuz.spk root=/dev/hdd4 <cr>
work better in this situation?