copy and paste

terry tcudney at home.com
Mon Jul 10 23:42:40 EDT 2000

Hi Chris,
    This is really late, but I just found your archived message. I didn't see
any resonses to your question on the list so I thought I'd answer.
    There is a daemon called "gpm" that does exactly what you asked for on
the virtual consoles. However, it is visual. I don't know how you would use
it with speech. You have to use the mouse to drag across the text that you
want to copy while holding down the left mouse button (this highlights,
visually, the text selected), then you press the right mouse button to paste
that text into the current VC at the point where the cursor is positioned.
The mouse movement/dragging is very visual though. I'd be interested in
knowing if/how it would be possible to do this without visual feedback.

    --terry