yi.org and secondary mx

Klarich, Terry terry.klarich at wilcom.com
Fri Jul 7 11:14:03 EDT 2000

You need to be aware of the fact that the remote host you configure as a
mail exchanger for your domain has to agree to this.  They will have to
configure their sendmail to receive and queue your mail.  Also, it is
considered polite to retrieve your mail on a regular basis.

I personally use fetchmail.  I have the domain of ki5zw.ampr.org.  My ISP
has agreed to queue mail for me.  My mx record for the ampr.org dns is
configured at ucsd.edu.  They are the primary for this domain.  I have been
doing this for years.  It works great.

Terry