yi.org and secondary mx

Kirk Reiser kirk at braille.uwo.ca
Thu Jul 6 16:22:13 EDT 2000

Hi Jacob:  Well I have a little experience with mx records.  You need
be to add or have someone else add additional mx records to your dns
entry.

You don't put your other email address in it.  You put the name or ip
address of another machine which accepts mail on your behalf.  So for
example:

        IN      MX      0       speech.braille.uwo.ca
        IN      MX      10      julian.uwo.ca

Is sort of what my dns mx records look like.  The secondary machine
needs to know about your domain and be willing to accept mail for it.
If it does, the next time your machine attaches to that machine it
will pass off the mail it collected for you while your machine was
down.

Hope this helps.
  Kirk

phone: (519) 661-3061