speakfreely and the speakup reflector

Kirk Reiser kirk at braille.uwo.ca
Thu Jul 6 07:17:19 EDT 2000

Hi Chris: I recomend you recompile and also check to make sure your
/dev/audio works as you suspect it does.  Speak freely uses the audio
device which is ulaw encoded and as Vick pointed out I couldn't get
the oss drivers working with his.  You might also want to get the alsa
drivers and utilities.  They work much nicer than the standard oss
stuff does.

Even if the oss drivers don't work though, you shouldn't be getting
segfaults.  The speak freely stuff pretty much compiles right out of
the box so you shouldn't have to make any changes to the Makefile
either.

  Kirk

phone: (519) 661-3061