Trplayer doesn't play .pls files

brent harding bharding at greenbaynet.com
Tue Jul 4 23:43:19 EDT 2000

Can one just do realplay file.pls and it would play, or does realplayer not
accept command line parameters? I've tried invoking it directly and it says
can't set x display, which is good because if it went in to x-windows, I'd
have to do a dirty kill of all x-window processes from another virtual
terminal, if one can even alt f2 to another text terminal.
What would one do if you buy a system, one of those valinux ones with x set
to start by default? Or your distribution sets itself up to start x when
you don't want it to, as their systems from specs I read come with redhat.
Are work stations just another name for a regular computer, or do they need
to be networked with something to work?