getting speech to speed up sooner; randomseed

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at worldfront.com
Sat Jul 1 15:27:46 EDT 2000

Maybe the boot is faster now because I'm on a hard drive that has more
space.  At any rate, I used speakupconfig to speed up the rate of the
speech, but that doesn't kick in until after I would lose speech if I
didn't hit the alt key.  Is there a way to get the speech to go faster
from the very beginning.  This is just a shot in the dark, but I'm
thinking the speech might not shut down if it didn't get so ridiculously
far behind the boot process.   Maybe that's farfetched, but nobody else
has come up with anything so I guess my guess as as good as any.
I'm also still concerned about the init module not loading and random seed