Reflector.

Kirk Reiser kirk at braille.uwo.ca
Tue Jul 18 00:36:18 EDT 2000

Hi Jacog:  Well, if you are using the alsa drivers then they will make
your card work like it is full duplex even if it isn't.  I believe.
Also I think alsa creates the /dev/audio device when you run the
snddevice script.  Just incase though, the /dev/audio device is major
14 and minor 4.  The reflector works just fine with anything above
14.4 modems.  Speak freely needs to be able to talk to the /dev/audio
device though.  We may need to look into changing that at some point.
It looks like there is going to be some on going upgrades to speak
freely 7.1 however.  John Walker just made 7.2 available for beta
testers and I know there are a few more patches on the way as well.  I
was worried about future support but he seems dedicated to it.
--
  Kirk

phone: (519) 661-3061