Alsa 0.5.10 w/ Debian - was: Re: not working yet

Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Fri Dec 29 23:34:18 EST 2000

Terry,

What happens when you attempt to play a sound? Does the software chug away
as if it is playing?

Now if the above is true, I would recomend that you double check that the
speaker is plugged into the right jack and that it is powered. (Even
better if this card was working fine in Windows without any change outside
the OS. I would also recomend that you change consoles and go into
interactive mode of alsamixer. That may leave some more clues here.

=======
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net

Cluelessness
	There are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of
	inquisitive idiots