[pac at fortuitous.com: [NTLUG:Discuss] Fortuitous Technologies Releases Linux Training Manuals Under GPL.\]

Saqib Shaikh mail at saqib-shaikh.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Dec 27 04:17:31 EST 2000

I am a friend are currently making "TPS - Text Processing System2" which is
a Linux utility. It will do the following:
1. convert crlf versions: unix2dos, unix2mac, dos2unix, dos2mac, mac2dos,
mac2unix.
2. convert tabs to spaces
3. compress multiple spaces
4. compress loads of blank lines.
5. unwrap text
6. wrap text at a particular column
7. get rid of > symbols in emails
8. get rid of repeated characters, such as 80 dashes or 80 equal signs.

the point of this project is for those of us who want happier reading, and
smaller text files particularly for reading on notetakers where space is a
consideration.

any more ideas for this project. oh, this is an open source project!

oh, and also, in the meantime opening unix text files in wordpad will view
them correctly; notepad won't!
saqib