first attempt failed

Jason Custer jasoncuster at home.com
Tue Dec 12 14:13:49 EST 2000

Hi,
I don't know if I missed something, but it sounds like you are trying to run
loadlin on the .bin file. If I am not correct, then ignore this message. If
you are trying to do this, then keep reading. For the .bin file to work, you
have to use rawrite to get that file onto a disk. Once this is done, you
boot from that disk. You can not run loadlin on that file because it is an
image of a disk, not an image of a kernel.
You can probibly find rawrite on your cdrom. If not, go to the ftp cyte for
your linux distro, go to where the disk images are stored, (disks) or
(disks.144) or something, and you will find it there.

Good luck!

Jason