Speakup Sans Synth?

Jacob Schmude jacobs at ncinter.net
Mon Dec 11 15:12:12 EST 2000

Hi
     Well it probably could, if you were really desperate, but I wouldn't
recommend it at all. It ran really slow on a 166M pentium, it was about a
second before speech would even be spoken. It would overflow frequently
and lock up, and ViaVoice would need to be restarted. I' think the minimum
amount for using it productively would be a pentium 233. For something as
slow as a 486, a hardware synth is really the only way to go if you want
to actually use the computer.