first attempt failed

Geoff Shang gshang10 at scu.edu.au
Mon Dec 11 07:02:24 EST 2000

Hi:

OK, long time since I installed debian so I'm scrambling about in the dark
here.  Firstly, Gene wrote up a README file for debian installation, which
ought to have been with the files for speakup.  Secondly, there are more
accessable versions of the install doc than the PDF version (I actually
didn't know there was a PDF document).

Just making sure - did you get the files from the pub/linux/speakup area or
off the debian mirror on the same site?  this is an important distinction
as one has speakup support and one does not.

Regarding rawrite, I did not say that you had trouble with the program as
such.  Nevertheless, screen readers that are speaking during a rawrite have
been known to cause errors in the rawrite process.  This generally results
in disks that do not boot.

Geoff.

--
Geoff Shang <gshang10 at scu.edu.au>