got it! fetchmail problems fixed

Jacob Schmude jacobs at ncinter.net
Wed Dec 6 22:48:18 EST 2000

Hi
     Well I got my fetchmail troubles sorted out, the sendmail daemon was
not running in my rc scripts. They appear to have been screwed up very
badly. Basically, no daemon would run if networking successfully
initialized. The odd thing was, removing the script and reinstalling it
from slackware's package produced the same result. It appears the script
is supposed to be written that way, but why did this never happen before
is beyond me. Basically I had to do a temporary fix, that is, changing the
script. Anyone know what could have caused this to suddenly happen, and
why a complete script reinstall produced this exact result?