fetchmail problem

Geoff Shang gshang10 at scu.edu.au
Wed Dec 6 22:26:21 EST 2000

On Wed, 6 Dec 2000, Watson, Keith wrote:

> Jacob,
>
> Not sure if this will help but I had the same problem with mine. I had to
> create a local account with the same name as the one on my ISP's. Otherwise
> it would just sit there. If this helps, hey my first one, if not oh well im
> still learning, grins.

You don't need to do this.  If you run fetchmail as a user, it will collect
mail and deliver it to that user, regardless of what username is specified
in the user line in your fetchmailrc file.  If you're not running it as a
user, you can still put something like

user gshang10 is geoff here

I've not done this but it's documented quite clearly in the fetchmail
manpage.  Of course, getting mail back out again is a different ballgame.

Geoff.

--
Geoff Shang <gshang10 at scu.edu.au>
ICQ number 43634701